5 Reasons Why You Should Use MyEG

Make Your Life Easier With MyEG Services

Many Malaysian and non-Malaysian are not aware of the services offered by the MyEG portal. MyEG is a Malaysian company incorporated back in 17 February 2000. The main web site can be found at www.myeg.com.my. There are many services available at MyEG that can make your life easier. Here’s a list of 5 Reasons why you should be using MyEG.

1) Driving License Renewal – This service can be used to renew a driving license. The categories of vehicle driving license available for renewal are:
a) Citizen of Malaysia
b) Permanent Resident of Malaysia
c) Police
d) Army
e) Non Malaysian Resident

The renewal period ranges from 1 to 5 years.

2) Auto Insurance Renewal – In this service, you can renew your auto insurance with RHB Insurance and Etiqa Takaful. The types of auto insurance available are for individual and company ownership.

3) Road Tax Renewal – If you are planning to renew your vehicle road tax, you can use this service available at MyEG. The type of ownership categories available for road tax renewal are:
a) Citizen of Malaysia
b) Police
c) Army
d) Company / Organisation
e) Government
f) Statutory Body
g) Non Malaysia Citizen
h) Permanent Resident of Malaysia

The renewed road tax can be delivered to your home, office or self collection at MyEG e-services centres.

4) L.D.L. (Learner Driver’s License) Application – For those who wants to apply for their LDL, there is also a service available at MyEG. The applicant categories are:
a) Citizen of Malaysia
b) Permanent Resident of Malaysia
c) Police
d) Army
e) Non Malaysian Resident

The license classes available for application are B, B1, B2 and D. The LDL license duration are 3 and 6 months.

5) PDRM Summons Alert – Want to know if your vehicle has been summoned by PDRM (Polis DiRaja Malaysia)? MyEG has setup this service for vehicle owners to check if there are any outstanding summons on their vehicle. All you have to do is enter your personal details inclusive of your vehicle registration number and press the “Confirm” button. If there is a summon on your vehicle, you will see what, where and when the summon was issued. As an added benefit, you can also settle the summon via credit card online transaction on a secured server.

‘Written by Will Yap

By | 2012-09-22T10:54:55+08:00 July 13th, 2009|Online Services|16 Comments

About the Author:


  1. Wintergurl88 August 19, 2009 at 5:30 pm - Reply

    Thanks for the information. It really help me a lot.

  2. john June 20, 2010 at 11:50 pm - Reply

    my P license just expired, can any of my family member go to JPJ and renew for me,?? or my presence is compulsory??


    • Cikgu Yap June 22, 2010 at 2:18 pm - Reply

      Yes, your family members can and No, your presence isn’t needed.

  3. edwan shaharir September 4, 2010 at 2:20 am - Reply

    this may sound silly, but i just received my first PDRM summons for speeding the other day.

    it says there i have to go to court next month, but also says ‘boleh di kompaun di trafik’ by end of this month.

    my question is, after making the payment, do we still have to go to court?

    • Cikgu Yap September 7, 2010 at 1:55 pm - Reply

      You can settle the summons at any police station within 30 days. After payment, don’t worry, don’t need to go to court.

  4. miki November 9, 2010 at 8:53 am - Reply

    hi Cikgu Yap:

    I have found your blog though google search engine. Thank you for providing such Q&A section to everyone like me.

    I will migrate to Hong Kong end of this year. Do i need to convert my Malaysia driving license to international driving license, I wish to drive when i am in Hong Kong and China? Please kindly advice.

    Have a nice day ahead.


    • Cikgu Yap November 10, 2010 at 5:00 pm - Reply

      Glad that the blog has been of assistance to you. Ideally, convert your Malaysian driving license into international driving license before going off to Hong Kong and China.

      • miki November 13, 2010 at 10:20 pm - Reply

        Thank you very much, Cikgu Yip. Will do accordingly. Have a nice weekend.

  5. daus December 29, 2010 at 10:35 pm - Reply

    I’ve received my driving license from MyEG. But the license seems to be different from the older license. It states that “Slip to be produced with driving license”. This one refers to which license? The old license? TQ

    • Cikgu Yap December 31, 2010 at 11:51 am - Reply

      If it’s from MyEG, don’t worry. Anyway, licenses undergo changes from time to time.

      • daus December 31, 2010 at 3:45 pm - Reply

        meaning to say that i need to show the old license together with the MyEG one if asked by police/officer? thx in advance

        • Cikgu Yap January 6, 2011 at 10:36 am - Reply

          The renewal provided by MyEG and your old license must be shown if asked by police.

  6. Dayang December 8, 2011 at 10:40 pm - Reply

    Thanks Cikgu Yap. I had been attached with myeg before for about 5 yrs. The system is still not 100% hassle free especially for us in Sarawak.

    Anyway I bought your book Driving Made Easy and it is helpful. I’m impressed with your effort in producing a book related to driving course in this country.

    • Cikgu Yap December 9, 2011 at 8:06 pm - Reply

      I am certain MyEg has intention of serving the people of Sarawak the best it can. Bear with them.

      Thanks for buying my book. Your high regards for it elates me.

  7. Tay August 27, 2012 at 11:40 pm - Reply

    Thanks for the info. Yes, I’m aware of MyEG. I just plainly forgot to renew my license, not that I could not because I’m overseas. Never even crossed my mind it needed renewal! I would have continued to drive in blissful ignorance if not for a defensive driving course I attended and got my license inspected then.

    I spoke to Mr Wong. He quoted me RM890 for L license up to getting a P license. Firstly, if I understand correctly (from both JPJ’s letter as well as your blog posting), I don’t think I need a P. I should be able to get back a full CDL upon passing the practical test. Mr Wong thinks I will need to get P. Secondly, although I don’t really know what market prices are now, RM890 seems a tad expensive considering it’s not my first time learning to drive. Or is it really current market price right now? Hence, my email to you on whether you had any other instructors to recommend. My only criteria for instructor is not grouchy and able to instruct well.

    I also have a Singapore driving license. I read from your blog that it is valid in Malaysia. But I called up JPJ and they told me valid for only 3 months upon entering Malaysia. I’m sure if I call again and speak to someone else, I’d get a different answer.
    Will my Singapore license really be invalidated if I choose to convert it to Malaysian license? I’d like to keep my SG license since it is a lifetime license.



    • Cikgu Yap September 1, 2012 at 4:56 pm - Reply

      From your comment, you seem to be having at least 2 licenses. I believe the above represent an offence. Before you decide what to do further, it would be best if you consult JPJ regarding your problem. JPJ authorities are correct. Singapore licenses can be used in Malaysia only for a limited time of approximately 90 – 120 days.

Leave A Comment