Malaysian CDL License Expired For More Than 3 Years

Competent Driver’s License Not Renewed For More Than 3 Years Will Be Null & Void

There are some drivers who possess the Competent Driver’s License (C.D.L.) for cars but do not use it to drive at all.

Why do this group of people abstain from driving?

There are various reasons for their not doing so.

Amongst some of the common reasons why they don’t drive are:

i) They are afraid. In short, these drivers have not been taught properly enough.

Even though they have passed their practical test, they lack the confidence to drive.

ii) Some people have no opportunity to drive at all after achieving their license.

Their families do not possess vehicles. After a few years of not driving, they soon become rusty. In time to come, this group of drivers soon become unable to drive.

iii) Believe it or not, some women drivers who have achieved their license to drive are prevented by jealous and possessive husbands who disallow their wives to drive.

Only when the family have grown up and children need to be sent to school do husband finally consent to allow their wives to drive.

Renew License At Post Office

The above are some of the common reasons why some people do not drive even though they have already get their C.D.L.

Most of these drivers however renew their driving license faithfully from year to year.

Some renew their license for alternate years.

Such people anticipate and hope that one day, they might need their licenses as circumstances may force them to drive.

But there is however a small group of such drivers who inadvertently allow their C.D.L. to become null and void.

Such license holders allow their license to “die” or lapse. In such cases, licenses are not renewed for more than 3 years.

According to J.P.J. rules and regulations, drivers of such licenses, if they wish their C.D.L. to be reinstated must undergo a retest.

They must prove to the authorities they are still competent enough to drive or handle a vehicle.

Do this category of drivers, who have “lost” their licenses in such a manner have to do the entire test procedures all over again in order to be allowed to drive?

The answer to the above question is No!

To get your license reinstated, preferably a person should ideally go to the J.P.J. head office in Putrajaya.

The authorities there will issue you a Learner Driver’s License (L.D.L) or “L” license.

The above allows a student 60 days to do a retest or Part II and Part III of the practical test.

What does the above special test incorporate?

This special test exempts one from:

i) Having to sit for the Highway Code.

ii) It also exempts you from attending the 6 Hours theory course.

iii) Doing the Q.T.I. at the institute.

However, a student under such circumstances has to engage a driving school to facilitate his entry or registration for test which is conducted by the authorities.

The student should also take up a few lessons, learning how to go up the slope as per J.P.J. requirements.

He or she should also learn up the steps for side parking and three point turn procedures.

And finally, the Part III or jalan raya will also have to be learnt too.

All in all, a candidate will have to spent anything from RM500 – RM650 for a retest.

Is the sum worthwhile getting back your C.D.L. which has become null and void?

Only you can make a decision.

A special test, allowed by the transport authorities for students to do the retest must be done in a period of 60 days.

A student who passed the retest will be issued a new C.D.L. As he or she is considered an experienced driver, they are not required to use “P” stickers any more.

Should you as a student doing a retest to get back your “lost” C.D.L. pass the required test, what particulars do you need to furnish your driving school in order to get your new license out?

Particulars that are needed include:

i) The test card (JPJ L3)

ii) Photocopy of your “L” license.

iii) 1 copy photo passport size.

iv) 1 photocopy of MyKad both sides.

v) RM30 for 1 year. Maximum is 5 years (RM150).

Licenses can be obtained 4 – 5 days after your practical test.

Driving schools however, will charge a service charge of RM5 – RM10 for getting you your C.D.L.

To get back your C.D.L. license to drive has involved quite a lot of money and time.

You should ensure in future no such problem should befall your driving license again.

Take good care of it.

Make sure you renew it faithfully.

And most important of all, drive!

Only through constant driving could one turn out to be a competent and good driver.

By | 2017-05-12T10:17:06+08:00 March 30th, 2010|Driving License|92 Comments

About the Author:


  1. helena May 26, 2010 at 4:45 am - Reply

    Mr Yap, i lost my P driver’s licence. What do I do if I want to get it back ? Please help.

    • Cikgu Yap May 28, 2010 at 5:05 am - Reply

      Quickly go to any state JPJ office to get a salinan of your P license. No police report is required.

  2. corrine May 29, 2010 at 8:19 am - Reply

    My Malaysian driving license expired 4 years ago. I did not renew it because I lived in USA and did not return to M’sia for the past 5 years. I now live in France and want to get my M’sian driving license renewed. What should I do ?
    Your reply is very much appreciated.

    • Cikgu Yap May 30, 2010 at 12:52 am - Reply

      It indeed saddens me greatly to hear of cases such as yours. I don’t mean to disappoint you, but licenses not renewed more than 3 years automatically becomes null and void.

      You have to resit certain aspect of your practical test. Maybe, you could be exempted from Part I (Highway code).

  3. Yep June 5, 2010 at 3:21 pm - Reply

    My “P” License already expired for 6 years, what should I do?

    • Cikgu Yap June 6, 2010 at 7:16 am - Reply

      Your license has come null and void. You’ll have to retest Part II (Parking, Slope, 3 Point Turn) and Part III (Road).

  4. new July 8, 2010 at 1:09 pm - Reply

    my “P” license is expired for 1 year and 2 weeks from the day i got it til now…i want to know how long is the expiration to change “P” license to “C.D.L”? thanks..

    • Cikgu Yap July 10, 2010 at 11:45 am - Reply

      P lasts 2 years. Do not allow it to go beyond 1 year. Quickly change it to CDL.

  5. AsiaBagus July 20, 2010 at 11:08 pm - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,

    My Malaysia driver’s license expired in 1997 because I have been living in the US since 1993. I always have a valid US driver’s license, is that a procedure I can just convert foreign license back to Malaysia rather than taking the test again?

    • Cikgu Yap July 22, 2010 at 9:24 pm - Reply

      Your Malaysian license has become null and void. Your current US license can certainly be converted to Malaysian license. Not necessary to retest. You’re advised to see any JPJ state department nearest to you.

  6. wayn October 7, 2010 at 7:30 pm - Reply

    Hi Mr Yap,
    I have renew my P to a CDI as i am currently in Australia my mom send it over here by post and it got lost. What do i need to do? thanks

    • Cikgu Yap October 12, 2010 at 1:14 pm - Reply

      Surprised and sad your license has been lost in the post. You’ll now have no alternative but get a duplicate copy from JPJ.

  7. Khasminder SIngh November 24, 2010 at 6:59 pm - Reply

    Thanks a lot for this post Mr.Yap. I’m a current holder of a CDL license and recently I went through my wallet only to find my license had expired on 23/11/2009. I thought I had to resit everything till I found this post….. Thanks again :-)

    • Cikgu Yap November 28, 2010 at 11:09 pm - Reply

      Hope everything is all right. Do write in if you have any problems.

  8. Nadia Tan December 8, 2010 at 6:56 am - Reply

    Mr Yap,
    I am overseas studying, and i realized that my P license has expired-also aware that i have a one year grace period to go and renew it. right?
    So i sent it back home by a secure mail, but it has not arrived yet, and i have a feeling it could be lost.
    What can i do??? I will be coming back to KL soon. but there is another problem, my IC was stolen from me while i was overseas.

    please help

    • Cikgu Yap December 9, 2010 at 4:17 pm - Reply

      Wait a little longer to determine if your license is really lost. Then only decide what to do next.

  9. neww December 26, 2010 at 12:34 am - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,

    my younger sister is at overseas, but her P license expires 2 years already. Is it still possible to convert to CDL license ?

    and she is at overseas now. does it requires any form or documents to convert to CDL license? thanks

    • Cikgu Yap December 28, 2010 at 10:22 pm - Reply

      Unfortunately, looks as if your sister’s P license has become null and void. When she comes back to Malaysia, approach JPJ in Putrajaya to get a special test. She will be exempted from Highway Code though. A special test must be completed in 60 days.

  10. tan January 25, 2011 at 10:57 am - Reply

    Mr Yap,

    My license is already expired more than 3 years. What should i do now? Can i go to JPJ renew? Acuatlly i just came back from UK. I dont know the law is changed. Do you know how much i have to pay for renew or which test i have to take? Thanks for your help.

    • Cikgu Yap January 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm - Reply

      Everything has been covered in the article above.

    • Cikgu Yap January 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm - Reply

      It’s always been the law that a CDL that’s not renewed for more than 3 years becomes null and void. You’ll have to contact JPJ Putrajaya for directives.

  11. Stephanie February 10, 2011 at 6:39 pm - Reply

    hey my name is stephanie!

    and i would like to know how long does the Learner Driver’s License(L) last? i have been waiting for a month or so. and my instructor has no time to teach me. i already went through the 6 hours of theory. i took on december 24th 2010, last year. so when will it expire? thank you :)

    • Cikgu Yap February 13, 2011 at 9:43 am - Reply

      Normally, L lasts for 3 months.

  12. Nicholas March 16, 2011 at 5:56 pm - Reply

    What is the grace period for P license?

    If my P license expires at 11-02-2011, does it mean, i have till next year?

    • Cikgu Yap March 21, 2011 at 2:49 pm - Reply

      Do not allow you P to lapse more than 1 year. It will become null and void.

  13. sue March 17, 2011 at 7:58 pm - Reply

    I am glad to find your very useful post here.
    I got my license at 1997, however, I have been away from Malaysia more than 10 years and my driving license only renew twice till 2007 by my family. So, is that mean before 2012 it is still possible for me to re-apply it by paying RM150 and taking the part exams you listed above? How many lessons I need to take in the driving school before taking those test? I am going to be away from Malaysia again for at least another year. So, would like to know whether it is possible for me to do it so before my departure.

    Thanks a lot

    • Cikgu Yap March 21, 2011 at 11:48 pm - Reply

      Looks like you’ll have to do a retest. How many lessons you require depends on yourself. You’ll need at least 30 – 40 days to do your test.

  14. Gavin August 21, 2011 at 2:27 pm - Reply

    Hi Mr Yap,

    My P license expired for more than 3 years as i was overseas studying…And now i just got back Msia n retake my driving test n passed it .. but have to stay on P license for 2 year again.. do u think it can work if i go to JPJ headoffice to explain n request for convert straight to CDL ? as i have previous 2 years p license …. Cause of my new job i pretty much need CDL instead P license … thx for yr advise

    • Cikgu Yap August 24, 2011 at 4:05 pm - Reply

      The regulations require you undergo P status for a further 2 years. After that period, then only can you convert to CDL.

  15. Christine September 14, 2011 at 3:20 pm - Reply

    Hi Mr Yap,

    I renewed my L two times after I received it on March 2011. I was supposed to take my JPJ test but I moved to another state. After calling the driving academy where I took my L, they told me that I surely could take the JPJ test in another state, but first I need to ask my tutor about where did he registered me at the first place and I need to pay RM50 for the documents. I need to know if I could also attend the Q.T.I test in another state as well as the JPJ test. Thanks.

    • Cikgu Yap September 16, 2011 at 8:49 pm - Reply

      You can do you QTI test in another state. But first of all, you have to get your Borang SM4 from your previous instructor.

  16. Cheryl January 18, 2012 at 3:24 am - Reply


    I just realise my driving licence is currently expired (expired 03/01/2012). However, I won’t be going back to Malaysia till mid May 2012. What should I do? Can I still renew it when I get back home in May?

    • Cikgu Yap January 18, 2012 at 10:00 pm - Reply

      Come back in may, then renew your license.

  17. puven June 4, 2012 at 2:03 pm - Reply

    Cikgu Yap,

    Could you elaborate how the existing valid oversea driving license or international driving permit can be converted to Malaysian license without retest? My visit to JPJ state department previously during my short break in Malaysia was not beneficial due to they requested me to visit Putrajaya due to my original Malaysian license expired more than 3 years and so called my account via online system are locked.

    Any reference with regards to any online applications or write up that’s required is highlu appreciated.

    • Cikgu Yap June 6, 2012 at 11:57 am - Reply

      Normally, a country’s valid domestic license can be converted into Malaysian domestic license. Your Malaysian driving license is no longer valid. You are advised to visit our transport department office personally.

  18. Johnny June 12, 2012 at 5:31 pm - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,

    I just came back from UK two weeks ago. Sadly my license has expired since May 2011 when I am not in Malaysia. Now its already June 2012. Can I still convert my “P” license to CDL license? I do not know what I should do now. Can you kindly please advise? Thanks.

  19. Ahmed August 19, 2013 at 4:50 pm - Reply

    my car license will expired by sep-13 so what paper i need to bring with me to renew this for my car i talk about this stacer which adher in front glass in my car

    • Cikgu Yap August 20, 2013 at 7:58 pm - Reply

      To renew road tax, bring along car registration card. Also purchase new car insurance policy.

  20. Dennis August 20, 2013 at 9:10 pm - Reply

    Mr. Yap

    My P license will expired on 23/02/2014 can i convert to CDL license on november something because i need to go oversea for studying so i need change it as soon as possible. Thanks

    • Cikgu Yap August 27, 2013 at 8:46 am - Reply

      Your P can only be converted on due date.

  21. Jeremy October 15, 2013 at 6:55 pm - Reply

    Hi Mr Yap,

    Thank you for your article. I have a similar problem, in that my CDL license expired 2 years and 5 months ago. However, based on the JPJ website, I should have to retake the tests if my license expired 3 years ago. Hence, could I confirm if I could still renew my license, maybe suffer a little fine…..


    • Cikgu Yap October 20, 2013 at 8:58 am - Reply

      Your CDL still valid. Quickly renew it.

  22. Ben October 25, 2013 at 3:07 pm - Reply

    Cikgu Yap,

    Can you recommend driving school (I’m from Cheras) that can help to facilitate the retest for Part II and Part III. Is it still estimated at RM500 to RM650?


    • Cikgu Yap October 29, 2013 at 9:13 am - Reply

      Hi Ben,

      I contact you through your email to get your contact number.

  23. Nicholas October 30, 2013 at 10:45 am - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,

    I have just recently passed the 3 year mark on failure to renew my CDL, i just made an appeal (eRayuan) which ridiculously takes 14 days to make a decision. Whatever the outcome, im pretty sure i’ll have to do a retest. So my concern is how fast can i do this retest and get my license. How do i go about it?? Thanks.

    • Cikgu Yap November 11, 2013 at 9:45 am - Reply

      It all depends on how fast JPJ will have to do retest for Part II and III.

  24. Josephine Ng November 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm - Reply

    Hi Mr. Yap,

    I’m foreigner staying in malaysia. My “P” license going to expire by 15th Nov 2013. N Now I’m waiting for my IC out by end of December. So Can I only renew it after i get my Ic?
    If that so, it means my license expire for 2 months.

    • Cikgu Yap November 21, 2013 at 6:26 pm - Reply

      P can be converted to CDL through a good middleman. As far as I know, sometimes no ic is required. Anyway, P expiring by 2 months is a small matter.

  25. Uma Sylvia December 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm - Reply

    Dear Cikgu Yap,

    Need your kind advise.

    My mother;s P license has expired for 2years and 8months, should i renew at JPJ Putrajaya or can be done at the nearest Post Office?

    Please and thank you.

  26. Yen January 3, 2014 at 1:54 pm - Reply

    Hi Mr Yap,

    I have stored my license details in MyKad & the expiry date was totally out of my mind. Therefore my CDL has been expired for at least 3 years. I know i will definitely have to do a retest in order to get back my license. But can i be exempted from the Highway Code test & the 6 hours theory course? Shall i go straight to the Driving School to seek for advise or JPJ ? Can i know the rough estimation cost for the whole procedure? Kindly advise. Thank you so much.

    • Cikgu Yap January 7, 2014 at 11:40 pm - Reply

      Your CLD has expired. Get JPJ Putrajaya approval to do special test in 60 days. You’ll have to do Part II and III. Highway code and theory not required.

  27. Vynice Yap February 25, 2014 at 9:16 pm - Reply

    Cikgu Yap/

    1:my P license expired for nearly 3 month, from 22-12-13 until today 25-2-14,
    i still can renew to the normal driving license right?
    no need to re-take all over again?

    2:PJ stage JPJ, opening hours only at monday-friday? sat no? cause i just saw one star online news say sat have open? just wan a double comfirm.

    thanks (:
    urgent. (:

    • Cikgu Yap March 2, 2014 at 7:51 pm - Reply

      No problem. JPJ does open on Saturday sometimes.

  28. CC April 14, 2014 at 3:33 pm - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,

    I had my license since 2002, and my last renewal date was Mar 2011. It just happened recently that my licence was not renewed (exceeded 3 years).

    I’ve successfully applied and printed the appeal letter from JPJ official site.

    My question is, with the years of experience I had in driving, do I still need to go for driving lesson before I do retest for Part II and Part III?

    If yes, can you recommend driving school (based in Puchong) that can help to facilitate the retest for Part II and Part III. Please also let me know the cost of retest that incurred.


    If no, how I should proceed with the letter?


  29. Karena July 17, 2014 at 11:44 am - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,

    My Malaysian driving licence has expired many many years ago. Can my Singapore driving licence be used when I drive in Malaysia?

    Thank you

    • Cikgu Yap July 20, 2014 at 11:48 am - Reply

      Dear Karena, Yes, you can.

  30. Chloe July 19, 2014 at 1:44 pm - Reply

    Dear cikgu yap,

    My case is quite complicated.. Currently I’m a pr in Singapore .. I would like to convert my Malaysia license to Singapore license .. But my license had been expired ard 8 yrs .. I don mind to retest but in order to convert to Sg license I have to prove that my license get it before I get my pr.. So what can I do now?

    • Cikgu Yap July 20, 2014 at 11:47 am - Reply

      Dear Chloe, Your Malaysian licence expired. Doubtful if Singapore will accept it.

  31. Chng July 23, 2014 at 5:52 pm - Reply

    Dear Cikgu Yap,

    I’m a Malaysian with Singapore PR and having a Singapore driving licence.
    I heard that, I’m not required to hold a Malaysian driver’s license to drive in Malaysia. Right?
    But I’m not sure is there any time limitation or any limitation of the vehicle/car used?
    1) Can I drive a Malaysian registered car in Singapore?
    2) Can I drive a Malaysian registered car in Malaysia?
    3) Can I drive a Singapore registered car in Malaysia?

    Your reply is very much appreciated.

    • Cikgu Yap July 29, 2014 at 12:35 pm - Reply

      The answers to all of your question is Yes.

  32. margaret petty July 28, 2014 at 11:54 pm - Reply

    Hello, my Malaysian driving licence was expired in 2009.Since i have been out if the country, i did not check the expiry date of my licence. I have a valid Philippines driving it possible to convert my Philippines licence to a Malaysian licence? I’m planning to go back to KL next year. Your help would be appreciated.Thank you

    • Cikgu Yap July 29, 2014 at 12:31 pm - Reply

      If Philippines license is verified genuine, possible to convert it to Malaysian license.

  33. margaret petty July 29, 2014 at 12:54 pm - Reply

    Thank you cikgu yap for your prompt response. Oh if my Phil driving licence can be converted,it would be fantastic. I have been driving in Philippines for 15 years and the licence is definitely genuine.

  34. LKH September 14, 2014 at 1:09 am - Reply

    My driving licence expired more than 20 years ago. Can I appeal for exemption for Part 1 test?

    • Cikgu Yap September 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm - Reply

      Dear LKH, Yes, to do retest, youare exempted from Part I. Appeal to Putrajaya.

  35. LKH September 14, 2014 at 11:08 pm - Reply

    Thanks Cikgu Yap. Will appeal JPJ Putrajaya. Any driving school you can recommend in Ampang area if my appeal is successful. I think I am competent in driving both manual and automatic. Need driving school to guide me all the necessary procedures.

  36. LKH October 26, 2014 at 11:43 pm - Reply

    Thank you for the information provided in this blog. Finally I got back my CDL after the retest on 23rd Oct 2014. My appeal to JPJ Putra Jaya done on 18th Sept. They replied through erayuan on 23rd Sept with approval for exemption for Part 1. Printed the approval letter and apply for a LDL at JPJ branch. Register with a driving school with JPJ approved test centre on 29th Sept. Took few lessons. From October, new curriculum included in Part 2 and 3 retests. The new items are RPK and RSM. Also included the S and Z driving for Part 2. Completed all the processes within 36 days. Hope this information will be useful for others having expired CDL.

    • Cikgu Yap October 31, 2014 at 7:52 pm - Reply

      Dear LKH, Glad we can assist. Enjoy driving!

    • Adamf February 14, 2019 at 10:20 pm - Reply

      Hi Lkh

      May I ask how you appeal to putrajaya jpj
      Do you really go to putrajaya jpj headquarters to obtain appeal , how you succeed the appeal ,can you teach me , I am quite confused now

  37. VH January 16, 2015 at 6:23 pm - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap, my CDL will be expiring this June 2015 but it is lost. Im living in overseas currently and will only be able to return to Malaysia around beginning of 2016. Will I still be able to renew my driver license as usual ? Thank you

    • Cikgu Yap January 18, 2015 at 4:23 pm - Reply

      Beginning 2016, your CDL still renewable!

  38. Leia May 19, 2015 at 1:14 am - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap. I lost my P license 2 weeks ago and when i went to try to renew a new one JPJ told me that it couldnt be renewed since it has expired. However, my dad needs my driving license ASAP to file a report to claim insurance as the car i was driving got stolen away. Is there any possible way to settle this and get my P license ASAP within a week time?

  39. red May 22, 2015 at 2:38 pm - Reply

    Hi cikgu yap,

    May i ask nowdays an L licence are able to use for driving a car or a bike. Cuz my buddy L licence had no signature of D or B2.

    There is a D beside a date but she assumed its Date instead D . May i kindly get your advice?

  40. Ron June 30, 2015 at 11:24 am - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,

    I have resided in overseas and my driving license expired dated 28/11/2013 and my husband’s driving license expired 8/5/2013. We will be back to Malaysia for 2 weeks in the month of September 2015.

    My question is, by September 2015
    1. My driving license will be expired for 1 year 9 months plus. Do I need to resit in any test in order to renew my license?
    2. My husband’s driving license will be expired for 2 yrs 4 months. Does he needs to resit in any test in order to renew his license. In case he needs to sit in any exam, does he has sufficient time since we will only be back for 2 weeks.

    You advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

    • Cikgu Yap July 1, 2015 at 2:47 pm - Reply

      Your license is still valid. It becomes null and void after 28/11/16. Your husband’s license will be invalidated after 7/5/16 (3 years). In such a case, he will have to seek Road Transport Department’s approval to do a special test within 60 days of application. He’s exempted from the Highway Code though. He has to sit for Part II and Part III. Hope you’ll take note of my advice. 2 weeks is insufficient to do a retest, I believe.

  41. jasmine ong July 20, 2015 at 5:21 pm - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap,
    I’m 21 this year and I’m so lost now. I’m from Penang and I’m studying in KL.
    I have been driving since I had my P license since 01/06/2012- 31/05/2014, and its expired until now. I haven’t renewed it and I’m still driving. I didn’t know the duration to renew to CDL is 1 year. What do I do know? I hope you reply. Thank you

    • Cikgu Yap July 27, 2015 at 11:43 am - Reply

      You are living dangerously. Your P has expired. Do test all over.

  42. Malcolm August 14, 2015 at 3:22 pm - Reply

    How do I clear my name because I’ve been blacklisted during I’m still on my ‘P’ license? my license is been expired almost 8month now. I’m afraid not getting my CDL driving license.. Can you tell me how I deal with it and how much I need to spend on clearing my name that is been blacklisted.. Much thanks.

    • Cikgu Yap August 19, 2015 at 11:25 am - Reply

      Visit JPJ office if its them that blacklisted you. Settle outstanding amount to drop the blacklist.

  43. syida August 20, 2015 at 2:57 am - Reply

    Hi Cikgu yap, pada 18/8/2014 saya telah dikenakan saman Jpj atas kesalahan tiada cukai jalan & insurance tamat tempoh . Saman terse but atas nama sy sebagai pemandu walaupun kereta terse but bukan at as nama sy. Sy telah hadir ke mahkamah Dan membyr denda spt yg ditetapkn Hakim. Apabila sy ke Jpj utk menunjukkn resit pmbyrn spt yg diarah mhkamah,staff disana beritahu tidak perlu kerana system akan update auto. Namun sy Sgt terkejut apabila in gin renew Roadtax PD tahun ini Dan didapati kenderaan sy disenaraihitam . resit terse but juga tiada lg DLM smpanan kerana telah setahun berlalu..APA yg perlu sy buat Cikgu yap?

    • Cikgu Yap August 30, 2015 at 10:26 am - Reply

      Kalau tiada resit selepas bayar saman di mahkamah, nampaknya terpaksa dapatkan resit salinan dari pihak di atas. Ingat, sentiasa simpan resit anda.

  44. kwan November 6, 2015 at 7:56 pm - Reply


    I am Malaysia citizen currently reside in the UK. I’ve been in the UK for almost 10 years but my Malaysia Driving license been long expired (5 years ago). Checked on JPJ site and i cannot renew my Mas License because it been expired more than 3 years so need to re-do all the test & Exam. I had UK license since 2010 and valid until 2019 so I wonder I could use the Foreign License to drive during my visit (1 month). Or there is another better options than to re-take the test again.

    Thank you and appreciate your expert advise.

  45. Amy September 30, 2016 at 10:17 am - Reply

    Mr Yap,

    I am currently residing in Australia and my driving license has been expired for more than 3 years. I understand that this will caused my driving license to be null.

    However, I have been driving in Australia and currently hold a valid Australian Driving License.

    What is the process I should follow up get my Malaysia driving license re-instate?


    • Cikgu Yap November 1, 2016 at 10:50 am - Reply

      Your Australian license may likely be allowed to be converted into Malaysian license. Please check with JPJ official to confirm.

  46. Ryan Ang March 15, 2017 at 3:43 am - Reply

    Hi Mr Yap,

    I have passed my test 2 & 3. But the institute only allow to me to obtain P license. Is it ok if i request for CDL instead of P license? Or do you know if there’s anyway I can get my CDL, otherwise need wait 2 years of Probation…..

    • Cikgu Yap April 15, 2017 at 9:44 am - Reply

      Every new driver has to go through the 2 years probation period. There is no exception.

  47. Chow December 22, 2017 at 7:11 pm - Reply

    Hi Cikgu Yap
    MyEG informed me that if driving license is not renewed within a year, you will be required to go JPJ and possibly resit the tests again. I thought for CDL it’s 3 years to lapse?
    My driving license has expired 1 & 1/2 year ago. Hope you can advise. Thanks.

    • Cikgu Yap December 27, 2017 at 4:03 pm - Reply

      It’s is best to get the confirmation from JPJ office.

  48. AnuarAlfaqeh January 12, 2019 at 6:21 pm - Reply

    Salam sejahtera Mr Yap, saya nak bertanya mengenai calon e rayuan( lesen CDL tamat tempoh melebihi 3 tahun )yang akan mengambil ujian bahagian 2 dan 3.berapakah kadar harga yang perlu dibayar oleh calon kepada Institut atau sekolah memandu untuk menduduki ujian tersebut? Sekiranya calon lulus ujian tersebut adakah calon akan diberikan lesen P atau CDL? Saya sudah bertanya sendiri dengan pegawai jpj di kaunter bahagian perlesenan pemandu di JPJ Negeri Selangor, Padang Jawa tapi mereka sendiri pun tidak pasti.. Mohon Pencerahan dari Mr Yap.terima kasih

  49. Adam fua February 13, 2019 at 10:43 pm - Reply

    Hi ,cikgu yap I am a Malaysian ,where my competent driving license had expired 3yrs and 4months now , please advised me what I gonna do ?

  50. Adam f February 14, 2019 at 10:15 pm - Reply

    Hi ,cikgu yap
    I am a Malaysian ,actually my cdl had been expired 3yrs and 5 month now , how accurately I can obtain rayuan more firm from jpj ,
    How much is the retest nowadays,?

    Tq cikgu yap your opinion is highly advised.

    • Will Yap April 9, 2019 at 12:47 pm - Reply

      Do re test. Individual institute charge differently.

Leave A Comment