The JPJL6 lists the driving licenses that are issued by the J.P.J. (Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan) or Road Transport Department.
I always felt the above list was self explanatory until one of our blog reader wrote in to comment that he wished to be given a satisfactory explanation regarding the list of license therein.
Please be informed in this article, two Bahasa Malaysia “terms” are used extensively. They are:
i) S.P. – Sentimeter per segi
ii) B.T.M. – Berat Tanpa Muatan
1) Class A – Disabled person’s license for motorcycle and cars.
2) Class B – Motor license for motor cycles (501cc + above) or “Super bikes”.
3) Class B1 – License for motorcycles 251 cc – 500 cc.
4) Class B2 – License for motorcycles below 250 cc.
5) Class C – Three wheeled motorcycles.
6) Class D – Motor car B.T.M. weighing not more than 3000 kg.
7) Class E – Heavy motor car B.T.M exceeding 7500 kg.
8) Class E1 – Heavy motor car B.T.M. not exceeding 7500 kg.
9) Class E2 – Heavy motor car B.T.M. not exceeding 5000 kg.
10) Class F – Tractor / light movable machinery (with wheels) B.T.M. not exceeding 5000 kg.
11) Class G – Tractor / light movable machinery (with chains) B.T.M. exceeding 5000 kg.
12) Class H – Tractor / heavy movable machinery (with wheels) B.T.M. exceeding 5000 kg.
13) Class I – Tractor / heavy movable machinery (with chains) B.T.M. exceeding 5000 kg.
Please note that vehicles E, E1 and E2 refers to lorries and trailers.